Subscriptions are based on your previous tax year's gross earnings from your professional work, including royalties, repeats and residuals. As well as the annual subscription fee (see below) if you are joining or rejoining the union there is a one-off fee of £28.
Current subscription rates.
Gross Annual Income Annual Subscription
- Less than £20,000 £120
- Between £20,000 and £35,000 £210
- Between £35,000 and £50,000 £361
- Income of more than £50,000: Members pay at the rate which is in line with 1% of their gross income: £602 £603 £1,204 £1,505 £1,806 £2,107 £2,408
THERE IS A £5 DISCOUNT ON ANY OF THE RATES LISTED ABOVE WHEN PAYING BY DIRECT DEBIT
- Joining costs £17.50 which includes professional name reservation (if it is not already in use by another Equity member).
- Annual subscription is £17.50 per year.
- When upgrading to full Equity, student members deduct £10 for each year of student membership from the cost of becoming a full Member. This is capped at a maximum rebate of £28.