Marketing your Work - Free workshop
Start:26 November 2013
Time:10.30am – 4.30pm
LocationBristol Old Vic, King Street, Bristol BS1 4ED
Apply online here:
Free workshop for members
Getting known to the right people
The date and time: Nov 26, 10.30am – 4.30pm
Bristol Old Vic
Tutor: Louise Grainger
To build a successful freelance career in the long term, you need to put considerable effort into marketing yourself and your work.
You need to get yourself and what you do known, as well as present what you do in the best possible light. This course will help you do just that and includes:
- What is marketing?
- Brand versus product
- Identifying your market
- Identifying your competition (including research techniques, SWOT & other useful matrices to use)
- Key messages and unique selling points and how to communicate these
- Key marketing tools and activities
- Action plan.
Who should attend?
Freelances working in the creative industries who wish to improve their marketing skills.
No formal qualifications are required, just a desire to learn new ways of building your reputation and career success.
Expected learning outcomes
- A better understanding of marketing and why it is important
- Knowledge of key marketing tools, activities and skills, including how to promote yourself and your work
- A better understanding of how to identify, target and communicate with potential clients.
Apply Online by Nov 17, 2013
All workshops have been over-subscribed to date so successful applicants will be chosen randomly after the cut-off date of Nov 17. We will let you know if your application has been successful by Nov 18.