8 March 2013
Currently UTV produces or commissions no Drama in Northern Ireland and has not done so for many a year. This is despite it having the monopoly ITV franchise as a Broadcaster for Northern Ireland on a “peppercorn” license fee basis. With that monopoly it has become a hugely cash rich organisation, but most of the profit is distributed to its shareholders instead of investing in the local economy. We are asking that you ask questions of Ulster Television on why it produces no drama and for the Broadcaster to address that deficit.
28 February 2013
Talks, workshops, drama and much more starting on the 22nd February with the rally on Friday 8th March.
Plenty of activities to take part in and celebrate women!
14 February 2013
23th August Minutes
• James McAnespy has resigned from the committee as he is moving to England for work
• Julie Kinsella has resigned from the committee due to work commitments
• Michael Anluan has resigned from the committee as treasurer and George Shane is taking up the post
• Adam McKnight is resigning as Branch chair due to work commitments and Cathy-Brennan-Bradley is taking over the chair
• A Co-operative bank account is being set up on behalf of the Northern Ireland branch; the signatories being Carol Moore, Cathy Brennan-Bradley and George Shane
• Drew reported that the postcards for the “Make it Here” campaign are ready to go
20 November 2012
Michael Ockwell (Grand Opera House)spoke at meeting about local companies putting product into the theatre. He leaves in November and his post will be taken up by Andrew Hill
11 September 2012
NI General Branch June 2012 Minutes
10 September 2012
Register for course either at the ICTU office,Carlin House, 4-6 Donegall St Place, Belfast, BT1 2FN; Phone: 028 90 247 940
I. Equality Law and Work place Policy
II.A Guide to the TribunalProcess
IV.Key Employment and Equality Issues for the Union
V.Women in Leadership
VII.Mental Health First Aid
VIII.Developing Social Guardians in Understanding
31 August 2012
The communication manager enables branches and committees to send out email newsletters to their members. This is a brief guide on how to do it.
28 June 2012
Please cut and paste Drew McFarlane's template letter and post immediately to your local MLA
Equity is campaigning for more television drama to be made in Northern Ireland and using the talent that lives here. According to Ofcom, 61.8% of spending by public service broadcasting channels in 2010 went to productions made within the M25. Productions in Scotland received 4.6% of spending, Wales 2.6% and Northern Ireland 0.4%.
17 June 2012
Motion 38 (Northern Ireland Committee)
Motion 39 (Northern Ireland General Meeting) as amended
5 May 2011
This is a guide to updating Branch and Committee websites. If you are not getting the 'edit' buttons but think you should, please contact the Equity webmasters that are listed in this document.