Start:28 January 2014
Time:10.30am - 4.30pm
LocationMusicians Union London
This workshop from FEU Training falls into two parts:
1. Why networking works and why effective digital networking is so important.
2. How we fit networking into our daily work schedule.
Areas covered in the workshop include:
- Networking refresher – what it is and why it works
- Identifying what you’re selling and how it helps others
- Your key messages
- Understanding your digital footprint
- Social media for work – polishing your online profile
- LinkedIn – including groups and recommendations
- Google + circles
- Tools for managing multiple social networks (without wasting time)
- Your next steps
- Participants will devise a personal action plan with practical measures to improve their online and face-to-face networking.
Who should attend?
Equity members who wish to find better ways to network both digitally and face-to-face. No technical knowledge will be assumed. The aim is to help freelances understand how networking works and hone their message. It does not require participants to be online during the training.