The work of Equity's Models' Committee is developing all the time as model members raise issues with us.
The current work introduced to the union by the committee includes:
- Continuing Discussions with the Association of Model Agents to address models' concerns;
- Working with the British Fashion Council to ensure best practice at London Fashion Week and cotinuing Equity's presence at LFW;
- Insuring models for facial and hand disfigurement, public liability, accidents at work and back stage theft;
- Advising models on tax, copyright, and terms and conditions of employment;
- Taking up cases where models have not been paid for work done and ensuring payment is made;
- Preparing model advice sheets on a range of issues, with the help of members on our Models Register and Dance UK.