The Equity Online Branch
Welcome to The Equity Online Branch
What is the Online Branch? It is an area within the Members Area that has all the rights and powers of a geographic branch but you can visit it at any time you like from your own home or anywhere you have access to a computer, iDevice and the Internet.
NOTE: Branch members have additional access permisions to enter the Online Branch which activates a left hand menu displaying funtions such at Motions, Debates and Voting. If you would like to consider joining the branch please contact the moderator with your name, and Equity No# (include your email address if you would like a response from the moderator) - Thanks, Caron
Who is a member of the Online Branch right now? There are 31 Equity Members in the direct testing team. 16 are on the working-party who are serving as the committee and 14 are Branch Members participating in the testing. Caron Lyon is currently serving a Moderator/Chair.
If you are interested in joining the EquityUK Online Branch contact the currently serving Moderator.
From The Moderator
Hello, Caron here the moderator, some of you know me, *waves*. Some may have heard of me, *hi, nods - smiles warmly* and some will have no idea! *shakes hand*. Not sure which is best. In any case welcome and thank you for reading this far.
My priorities are as follows:
Establish communiation with members during this final phase of testing (DONE)
- Within the Branch is a Chat Room similar to the general forum
- We also have a News Update created and distributed using FlashIssue
- A monthly digital meet up also runs using Google+ HangOuts
- There is also a Members only mini social network called The Equity (unofficial) Green Room
Ironing out the last few operational glitches with the assistance of the testing team
- We are working to a July deadline for this and have just begun the final phase of testing with a valient group of new testers called "The July Six"
Presenting the Online Branch at the 2015 ARC (DONE)
What Caron would like from you (visiting right now, YES you!) is your past experiences of attending traditional branches. If you'd like to join the branch please ask a member of staff to pass your name on to Martin Brown or create a thread in the general members forum "I want to join the online branch!" Eventually we will make joining a whole lot easier but for now just holla.
Thank you for your paitience
Caron - The Online Branch Moderator
Caron Jane Lyon Email Caron
How it works
Go to the Chat room to see what other branch members are talking about and join in the discussion. At any time you can turn one of these discussions into a formal motion for the branch to debate.
Go to the Debating chamber to see what is currently being debated. Each member gets one opportunity to contribute to each debate and when the debate has been closed members can vote on the motion.
Have your say! Every member of the Online Branch has the opportunity to vote on motions and amendments that will help to shape Equity policy.
Latest chat room threads
- The October Online Branch Meeting - coordination thread. Started by: Caron Jane Lyon on 22 September 2015.
- Summer role call. Started by: Caron Jane Lyon on 20 August 2015.
- Are there some "types" the industry does not require?. Started by: Tigger Blaize on 25 July 2015.
- Johnny come lately!. Started by: Christopher Batten on 01 August 2015.
- Can we hope for a new trend?. Started by: Paula Southern on 27 July 2015.