House rules for comments and forum
We reserve the right to fail comments which:
- Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
- Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
- Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
- Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court.
- Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
- Are considered to be "spam", that is posts containing the same, or similar, content posted multiple times
If you want to report a post, please email Forummoderators@equity.org.uk
Please note the forum is not a help and advice service for members experiencing direct difficulties at work. In these cases members should always contact the relevant Equity Organiser or nearest Equity Office.
Guidelines to using the forum
1. We expect debate in this online forum to be robust but please do not make personal attacks.
2. Please do not make negative comments about a fellow member's performance. We all have our views, but negative comments can damage careers.
3. Please avoid using language and other content which you believe may offend.
4. Please be aware that defamatory comments may expose Equity as an organisation and yourself as an individual to legal action.
5. If you post any image(s) you must have the permission of the copyright holder to do so.
This discussion forum is moderated by its users. This means that it is the duty of you and every other user to ensure that this forum is used responsibly. If you see something in this forum which you believe clearly breaches the Guidelines above, and therefore should not be published you should contact Equity using the Report option which appears in every post or you can email Forummoderators@equity.org.uk giving details of the date of the posting, in whose name it was posted and what you believe the breach of the Guidelines to be.
Equity retains the right to remove any posting at any time.