With Equity you're never alone, even if you perform solo.
You can feel confident knowing you're always protected at work - or while looking for work - with insurance, legal advice, representation, guidance, support and counselling. You're part of a creative community too, working together to improve pay and conditions for everybody in the entertainment industry. Plus there's lots of industry discounts for you to enjoy.
You're covered for insurance
- Public Liability Insurance - Full, graduate, child and long service members are covered up to £10 million. Student members are covered up to £2 million. Find out more about insurance benefits for members.
- Free legal advice, support and representation in disputes over work, contracts and personal injury claims.
- Free support if you're being bullied or harassed.
- Pay and conditions - Equity staff and members work together to continually improve Equity agreed rates of pay and conditions. As a member, you can both have a say in those negotiations and have fast access to full contracts, rates of pay, agreements and templates.
- Industry advice and guidelines - From health and safety to accessible auditions, we provide information and advice on best practice and fair process at work.
- Medical support through British Association for Performing Arts Medicine including six free counselling sessions.
A creative community making change
- Your Equity card and name are widely recognised symbols of your professional status.
- Award-winning Equity magazine twice a year and annual diary (Honourary Withdrawal members do not receive a diary).
- You'll be part of a network of 47,000 creatives working together to make the industry fairer and improve pay and conditions. There's lots of ways to get involved, including joining your local branch or a specialist network. You can also stand to be a member of an Equity Committee or the Council.
Financial benefits and discounts
- Pensions - The Equity Pension Scheme is available to all members, regardless of your occupation, and if you're working on an Equity contract, you could get your employer to contribute.
- Grants - You can apply for a grant from the Equity Benevolent Fund if you're facing financial hardship and the Evelyn Norris Trust provides support towards rest, recuperation and convalescence.
- Discounts - From IMDb Pro, to parking and theatre tickets to yoga classes, Equity membership gives you access to a whole host of discounts.
- Tax and welfare help - We provide specialist tax and welfare advice and operate a Tax and Welfare Rights Helpline.
Professional development and job finding
- Training - As a member of Equity you can access free training through the Federation of Entertainment Unions.
- Job finding - We post paid work opportunities across the industry, exclusively available to members.
- Dance passport - If you're a dancer or choreographer you have access support and services from unions throughout Europe.