Free training from FEU: Get Noticed! – June 28, Bristol
Start:28 June 2013
Time:10.30am to 4.30pm
LocationBristol Old Vic, King Street, Bristol, BS1 4ED
This workshop aims to give you the tools to assess each opportunity and how best to construct and tailor your CV to get yourself noticed. It includes:
- Initial review of each other’s CVs/career summaries
- Analysing the function and purpose of these key documents: what you want your CV/career summary to do for you?
- How that knowledge can help to produce a new document, tailored to specific clients and markets
- Specific fundamentals of effective CV/career summary writing
- Assessment/review of ‘mock’ CVs / career summaries
- Identifying key achievements and vital experiences that should be highlighted in your CV/career summary
- Re-designing your CV /career summary foundation document
- Next steps to re-working your CV/career summary.
The workshop includes a number of practical exercises in which you will get the chance to work individually and in pairs. You will need to bring a hard copy of you CV/Résumé/Career Summary.
Who should attend?
This course is relevant to anyone who wants to improve the way they present themselves in writing with the aim of getting a specific interview or audition.
By the end of the workshop, participants will:
- Have a clear idea of what an effective CV/career summary looks like
- Have made the first steps to update their own
- Have a greater understanding of how to create individual selling documents with maximum impact
- Know how to produce a selling document that will support them in trying to secure interviews and/or to open up other work opportunities.
Apply online by June 19
All workshops have been over-subscribed to date so successful applicants will be chosen randomly after the cut-off date. We will let you know if your application has been successful by June 21.
Tutors: Sue Walker and Muriel McClymont
t: 07710 240585
Further details and contact information
Telephone: work 07710 240585