20 December 2013
Equity Deps Newsletter December 2013
19 December 2013
Belfast Universal Credit Seminar.Monday 13th january 2014, lyric theatre belfast 10.30 to 12.30
19 November 2013
The worlds of the media, arts and entertainment are often seen as glamorous, but a survey of 4,000 workers has revealed these industries are "hotspots" of bullying, with more than half of those questioned (56%) saying they had been bullied, harassed or discriminated against at work.
People who contributed to a survey, commissioned by the Federation of Entertainment Unions, ranged from household names, top screenwriters and performers to those at the beginning of their careers.
The results showed shocking levels of ill-treatment and inappropriate behaviour and a culture of silence, with only a third of those suffering bullying and harassment reporting the incidents.
18 November 2013
An Equity Deputy (sometimes referred to as Equity Dep) is the face of the union in theatres, studios and anywhere else Equity members are working. The Deputy is the union representative for the company they are working with.
13 November 2013
Actor John Pirkis provides a guide on moving to Hollywood
as we launch the Equity network in Los Angeles
11 November 2013
Please see document for frequently asked questions regarding class 1 insurance changes on April 14.
From 6th April '14 members will no longer pay Class 1 and will be categorised as self-employed for NI purposes.
8 March 2013
Currently UTV produces or commissions no Drama in Northern Ireland and has not done so for many a year. This is despite it having the monopoly ITV franchise as a Broadcaster for Northern Ireland on a “peppercorn” license fee basis. With that monopoly it has become a hugely cash rich organisation, but most of the profit is distributed to its shareholders instead of investing in the local economy. We are asking that you ask questions of Ulster Television on why it produces no drama and for the Broadcaster to address that deficit.
28 February 2013
Talks, workshops, drama and much more starting on the 22nd February with the rally on Friday 8th March.
Plenty of activities to take part in and celebrate women!
14 February 2013
23th August Minutes
• James McAnespy has resigned from the committee as he is moving to England for work
• Julie Kinsella has resigned from the committee due to work commitments
• Michael Anluan has resigned from the committee as treasurer and George Shane is taking up the post
• Adam McKnight is resigning as Branch chair due to work commitments and Cathy-Brennan-Bradley is taking over the chair
• A Co-operative bank account is being set up on behalf of the Northern Ireland branch; the signatories being Carol Moore, Cathy Brennan-Bradley and George Shane
• Drew reported that the postcards for the “Make it Here” campaign are ready to go
20 November 2012
Michael Ockwell (Grand Opera House)spoke at meeting about local companies putting product into the theatre. He leaves in November and his post will be taken up by Andrew Hill