South and South East London Branch
Welcome to the South and South East London Equity Branch Page
THE NEXT BRANCH MEETING IS ON…
Saturday 21st March - 11am - Royal Festival Hall - St Paul's Roof Pavillion. (Level 6 Blue Side)
Guest Speaker - Blanche Mcintyre - Director.
Blanche is an award winning theatre director. She is currently Associate Director at Nuffield Theatre in Southampton and will be returning to The Globe this year to direct As You Like It. She has been featured in The Stage, The Guardian and The Observer newspapers and below are a list of the awards she has won.
* Winner - Best Director: TMA 2013 UK Theatre Awards
* Winner of the 2011 Critcs' Circle Most Promising Newcomer Award for ACCOLADE and FOXFINDER (both at the Finborough Theatre)
* FOXFINDER: Listed in Independent's top 5 picks for 2011
* ACCOLADE: Best Director and Best Production at Off West End Theatre Awards 2011; Listed in the Spectator's Top Ten Plays for 2011; Time Out's Best Fringe Show 2011
Agenda 21st February 2015
- Apologies for absence or lateness
- Minutes of last meeting: matters arising
- Members’ news and casting/job info exchange
- Guest Speaker Blanche McIntyre
- Motion from James Ivens
- Committee Report
- Council report
- Financial report
- Health and safety
- Recruitment and retention
- Equality and diversity
- Pay and conditions
- Stage Management
- Walk Ons
- Any other business
Together We Are Stronger
Welcome to the S & SE London Branch web-page, feel free to have a look around and see what's going on, what shows members are in, speakers we'll be seeing at meetings and offers for members.
EVENTS: Includes branch meetings & other events occurring within the branch & Equity.
DOCUMENTS: Includes branch meeting newsletters & minutes as well as other Equity information.
Your committee for 2015 are;
- Chair - Fiona Whitelaw
- Vice Chair - Tigger Blaize
- Secretary - James Ivens
- PR - Paul Valentine
- Treasurer - Zoe Bonner
- Campaigns Officer - Isabel Carr
- Membership Secratary - Lizzie Holland
- Committee Members - Edward Degaetano and Sarah Finigan
Branch meetings are held at The National Theatre - in the 4th Floor Conference Room, usually at 11am on the 3rd Saturday of the month (this can change, so check this page, Twitter or Facebook for up to date information). All are welcome (you don't have to be a member) come and meet us, then join us in the National's 'Blue Room' or sometimes a local pub for drinks and chat after.
A large part of what we are doing in our branch at the moment is about making the branch accessible, open and above all interesting and relevant to members. We are in the process of expanding our branch activities as well as increasing action as part of the union. If you have ideas you want to share, or things you’d like to see us doing please get in touch or come along to a meeting, we want to hear from you.
We aim to get interesting speakers to attend each branch meeting. If you know someone you think would be a good speaker, or if you would like to share your knowledge on a specific topic, please contact Fiona, Lizzie, James or Paul.
If you are an Equity member or student member based in the area you are able to join the branch (no charge) so please get in touch with the Branch Secretary. If you are a member or student member visiting the area you are very welcome to drop into the next branch meeting and get to know some of your fellow members.
Like Us on Facebook; https://www.facebook.com/SouthAndSouthEastLondonEquity
Follow Us on Twitter; https://twitter.com/SEEquityLondon