UK Feminsta “March for Equality” - 24th October 2012
17 October 2012
Equity members are encouraged to support the UK Feminsta “March for Equality”. For joining instructions check the Equity web site or call Guild House on 020 7379 6000.
The UK Feminista’s march on 24th October will follow and build on the TUC’s March for a Future that Works on 20th October. Their argument for positive action is overwhelming:
• Women’s unemployment is at its highest level in 25 years.
• Women’s Aid are turning away women due to a lack of space.
• The Women’s National Commission has been abolished.
• House of Commons Library estimates that women will pay for 72% of the net cost of recent budget changes in taxes, benefits and tax credits.
• Many maternity units are being closed.
• TUC research shows that single mums lose 18.5% after the 2010 spending review.
There is a training event 3-4pm Lobby MPs at Westminster