Voting in the Equity Committee Elections is open until noon on Friday 12th July. For more information and to vote online go to our elections page
Every two years, Equity members are elected to represent their fellow professionals and to improve their working conditions. They do this by sitting on the union’s committees.
Different committees cover the interests of different groups. They represent members engaged in specific sectors; members based in different geographical areas; young workers and members facing discrimination for protected characteristics such as disability, gender, race and sexuality.
Committees drive union policy, conduct negotiations and ensure that the needs of all Equity members are heard - no matter which demographic they fit into. They submit motions to Council, the union's governing body, and to Equity's annual conference, which can then shape the future of the union.
- Audio Committee
- Dance Committee
- Deaf and Disabled Members Committee
- Directors and Designers Committee
- LGBT+ Committee
- Minority Ethnic Members Committee
- Northern Ireland National Committee
- Scottish National Committee
- Screen & New Media Committee
- Singers Committee
- Stage Committee
- Stage Management Committee
- Variety, Circus & Entertainers Committee
- Welsh National Committee
- Women's Committee
- Young Members Committee