Have your say on who represents you
Voting is now open for the 2021 Equity Committee elections. The deadline for voting is 12pm (noon) on 9 July 2021. This is your chance, as an Equity member, to decide who represents you and your experiences on Equity's Committees. Those elected will speak up for your interests and work to improve workplace conditions on your behalf.
How to vote in the elections
Equity members have the option of voting online or by post. Your postal ballot papers have been sent to you.
You should have received your online voting details via email on 7 June, directly from Popularis, our election scrutineer. To vote online:
If you are not already logged into the Equity website, you will be prompted to do so, using your usual Equity log in. You then need to click the Vote Now button, which will take you to the Popularis website. Here you will need to enter the unique code emailed to you by Popularis.
If you haven't received your ballot papers or online voting details contact Sam Winter on email@example.com
Eight committees in total are contested, which means there are more people who have put themselves forward for the committee than there are spaces on the committee. These will now go to ballot:
- d/Deaf and Disabled Members Committee,
- Directors and Designers Committee
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT ) Committee
- Scottish National Committee
- Screen and New Media Committee
- Stage Management Committee
- Variety, Circus and Entertainers Committee
- Women’s Committee
Choosing who to vote for
There are lots of ways to find out more about the candidates to help you decide who to vote for.
Read candidates' statement in our election booklet.
As part of the election campaigns, Equity is hosting a series of online hustings events for the contested committees. At the hustings, candidates address Equity members and make the case for their candidacy. Register on Eventbrite to attend the hustings events at the following links.
- Tuesday 8 June, 6pm: Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT ) Committee (male-identifying)
- Thursday 10 June, 6pm: Stage Management Committee
- Tuesday 15 June, 6pm: Variety Circus and Entertainers Committe
- Thursday 17 June, 6pm: Directors and Designers Committee
- Tuesday 22 June, 6pm: Scottish National Committee
- Thursday 24 June, 6pm: Screen and New Media Committee (actors)
- Tuesday 29 June, 6pm: Women’s Committee
- Thursday 1 July, 6pm: Deaf and Disabled Members Committee
Each hustings will involve speeches from each of the attending candidates, followed by a Q&A session, giving you the opportunity to put questions to the candidates.
Watch candidates' campaign videos on YouTube
A number of candidates have made campaign videos, which you can view on our YouTube election channel.