21 November 2018
At its meeting in November 2018, the Equity Council made the following decisions:
- To explore sponsorship options for Equity events.
- Not to manufacture Equity-branded keep cups.
- To investigate secure remote access options for Equity Council meetings.
The Council also discussed:
- The BBC Radio Drama Company.
- The Educational Recording Agency.
- The UK Theatre proposals.
- The Storytellers and Burlesque Networks.
- Agreements for Supporting Artists.
- A report from the FIA Executive Committee in Japan from September 2018.
- Publishing policy documents.
- Arts industry railcards.
- Voice coaches & directors.
The Council conveyed a message of support to members affected by the wildfires outside Los Angeles, USA, and marked the passing of former Councillors with a minute’s silence: Gillian Raine, Virinia Harrison, Roger The Artful and Fenella Fielding.
The Council also welcomed a new record number of members in benefit, with the union’s total membership (excluding students) now standing at 45,202.
You can contact the Council via their page on the website.