08 April 2019
At its meeting in March 2019, the Equity Council made the following decisions:
- To propose motions at the ARC concerning revisions to Rule 3.1.1, 15.4.2, 27 and 28.
- To invite Padraig Murray, President of Irish Equity, to speak at the 2019 ARC in Belfast.
- To approve a proposal from the Women’s Committee for the use of unknown funds on their #Equity4Women initiative.
- To elect 2 Councillors to attend a Roundtable on Communications convened by the President.
- To move the date of the June Council meeting to June 18th and the October Council meeting to October 8th.
- To write to RADA regarding auditions in Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales.
- To ask Equity staff to investigate establishing a casting forum involving casting professionals, agents and staff.
The Council also discussed:
- The outcome of the Dispute Resolution Procedure regarding BECS’s application to replace Equity on the board of the Education Recording Agency
- Proposals for a revised BBC TV agreement
- Negotiations on the PACT TV and Cinema Films agreements
- Negotiations on the West End Theatre agreement
- Reports from Networks
- The Online Branch
- The Equity Magazine
- Animal Welfare legislation
- The Cast It Here campaign
- Marginalisation of British Chinese and East Asian performers and creative professionals
- Voice & dialect coaches
- Cultural Appropriation
- Stalking guidance
The Council also welcomed a new record number of members in benefit, with the union’s total membership (excluding students) now standing at 45,928.
You can contact the Council via their page on the website.