09 December 2019
At its meeting in December 2019, the Equity Council made the following decisions:
- To approve the 4th draft budget for 2019.
- To approve applications for the use of the unknown funds from the Devon & Cornwall General Branch and the Birmingham & West Midlands General Branch.
- To approve a grant of £5,000 to COMMON: COMMUNITY – a digital network for creatives and industry professionals from intersectional working and under-class backgrounds.
- To approve proposals for the second phase of consultation on the branch review.
- To approve a rise in the per capita funding for branches to 35p, and a rise in the maximum funding cap to £500 and the minimum funding level to £35.
- To approve changes to the Rules & Standing Orders for the online branch.
- To approve changes to the Rules & Standing Orders to National & Regionals AGMs.
- To approve the union’s green review and a new policy objective on environmental sustainability.
- To approve a grant of £1,000 to the Alrowwad Cultural & Arts Society in Palestine.
- To nominate Jean Rogers to the TUC Women’s Committee.
The Council also discussed:
- 5 day rehearsal week in theatre
- Confidentiality and variety contracts
- The British Equity Collecting Society
- The online branch
- HMRC draft media guidance
- Brexit/UK General Election
- The EuroFIA Meeting in Tel Aviv in November 2019
- The Grenfell Tower Enquiry Phase 1
- Information presented to members on the membership card
- The successful registration of Equity as a trade mark
The Council also welcomed a new record number of members in benefit, with the union’s total membership (excluding students) now standing at 48,100.
You can contact the Council via their page on the website.