24 July 2019
At its meeting in July 2019, the Equity Council made the following decisions:
- To approve recommended actions for motions carried or remitted at the Annual Representative Conference 2019. These can be found here
- To approve merge the Northern Ireland Variety Branch into the Northern Ireland General Branch.
- To approve changes to subscription rate bands and fees from 1st January 2020.
- To formally rename the Disciplinary Sub-Committee as the Disciplinary Committee.
- To approve recommendations on future Open Space events at the Annual Representative Conference.
- To approve the timetable for the Rule Change Referendum on Rules 3, 15 and 27 as carried at the Annual Representative Conference.
- To approve the authors of the statements in support of the above Rule changes on behalf of the Council.
- To approve an applications submitted by the South & South East London General Branch to use the “unknown funds”
- To approve the timetable for the election of the General Secretary in 2020.
- To remove illustrations from the draft report of Arts Policy & Campaigns.
- To support Equity’s commitment to Stage Sight.
The Council also discussed:
- The new guide to Resolving Members Complaints
- HMRC and members’ tax status
- The Equity Distribution Service - £14,000,000 paid out January-July 2019
- The Equity/Netflix agreement
- The Equity/BBC agreement and the iPlayer licence extension proposals
- The Equity/SOLT West End theatre agreement
- The Equity/Theatre UK Subsidised theatre agreement
- The Equity/Theatre UK Commercial theatre agreement
- The Online Branch
- The Equity Committee Election results 2019
- The LGBT+ Trade Union Conference 2019
- The Irish Congress of Trade Unions 2019
- The meeting of EuroFIA in Hamburg in June 2019
- The Equity Staff Training Day 2019
The Council also welcomed a new record number of members in benefit, with the union’s total membership (excluding students) now standing at 47,055.
You can contact the Council via their page on the website.