24 June 2019
At its meeting in June 2019, the Equity Council made the following decisions:
- To call for nominations for candidates for the 7 vacant seats on the Dance Committee.
- To approve the second draft budget for 2019.
- To approve applications, submitted by the Bristol & West General Branch, the Cardiff & South Wales General Branch, the East Anglia Variety Branch and the Variety, Circus and Entertainers Committee, to use the “unknown funds”
- To approve actions to be taken regarding 2 emergency motions submitted to the 2019 Annual Representative Conference (ARC).
- To approve new procedures for complaints and the disciplinary committee in accordance with the new Rule 28 approved by the ARC.
- To submit motions on the EU Copyright Directive and Working Class Opportunities in the Arts to the 2019 Trades Union Congress (TUC).
- To approve the formation of the Equity delegation to the 2019 TUC, which will include the General Secretary, the President, 2 Councillors, 1 member of the Young Members Committee and 2 members of staff.
- To nominate the General Secretary to the TUC General Council.
- To nominate 2 members of Council to the board of the Evelyn Norris Trust
The Council also discussed:
- The new Equity agreement with Netflix
- The new West End theatre agreement with SOLT
- The Equity Policy on avoiding cultural appropriation
- The Online Branch
- The UK/US Equity Exchange Agreement
- The May 2019 meeting of the Equalities Committees
- The May 2019 meeting of the National Committees
- The Disabled Workers’ Trade Union Conference 2019
- The Scottish Trade Union Congress 2019
The Council also welcomed a new record number of members in benefit, with the union’s total membership (excluding students) now standing at 46,520.
You can contact the Council via their page on the website.