03 May 2019
At its meeting in April 2019, the Equity Council made the following decisions:
- To support 44 of the 55 motions submitted to the Annual Representative Conference 2019.
- To create a new general branch in Glasgow.
- To publish guidance on sources of support for members experiencing stalking.
- To establish a Class Network of members to improve access and career sustainability for working class members.
- To reaffirm the establishment of a National Campaign Network.
- To write to ITV regarding the broadcast of the obituaries at the Olivier Awards 2019.
- To affiliate the Bristol & West General Branch to the Bridgewater Trades Council.
The Council also discussed:
- The British Equity Collecting Society
- Negotiations on the PACT TV and Cinema Films agreements
- Negotiations on the West End, Commercial and Subsidised Theatre agreements
- The Burlesque Network
- The Annual Report 2018
- The progress of the Rule 28 Working Party
- The Women’s Trade Union Conference 2019
- The Black Workers’ Trade Union Conference 2019
- The Young Workers’ Trade Union Conference 2019
- The Arts Policy & Campaign Working Party
- HMRC vs Big Bad Wolff Ltd
The Council also welcomed a new record number of members in benefit, with the union’s total membership (excluding students) now standing at 46,159.
You can contact the Council via their page on the website.