07 November 2019
At its meeting in November 2019, the Equity Council received the results of the Rule Change referendum, confirming the approval of the changes to Rules 3, 15 and 27. These Rules officially came into effect at the close of the Council meeting.
The Council also made the following decisions:
- To approve the General Secretary’s proposals for improved mental health and wellbeing service delivery, consisting of a 24/7 helpline, BAPAM clinical assessments and access to counselling from BAPAM specialists. There will also be a new general helpdesk post available to members with a wide range of queries, including bullying and harassment.
- To contribute £2000 to a research project entitled Theatre, Film and Television: How Gender Plays A Part being conducted by Equal Representation for Actresses (ERA).
- To explore Mental Health First Aid or Awareness training for Equity branches.
- To attend ActFest 2020 in Mumbai in February 2020.
The Council also discussed:
- Brexit & the 2019 General Election
- HMRC and members’ tax status
- The British Equity Collecting Society
- The 151st Trade Union Congress, held in Brighton 8th-11th September 2019
- The EuroFIA meeting in November
- The fee for changing an Equity name
- The online branch
- The FIA Executive Committee meeting in October
- The meeting of the National Committees for Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland
The Council also welcomed a new record number of members in benefit, with the union’s total membership (excluding students) now standing at 47,809.
You can contact the Council via their page on the website.