12 September 2019
At its meeting in September 2019, the Equity Council made the following decisions:
- To approve the 3rd quarter draft budget for 2019.
- To approve funding for the initiation of an accessible venues database as requested by the Deaf & Disabled Members Committee.
- To encourage members of Council to travel by rail when they have a choice between rail and air travel.
- To approve the advertisement and placement of the advertisement for the post of General Secretary ahead of the 2020 election.
- To approve the General Secretary’s recommendations concerning a Rule 29 complaint received.
- To convene six-monthly meetings of the chairs and vice-chairs of the industrial committees.
- To approve the timetable for the 2020 ARC, Council meetings and elections.
- To appoint Popularis as Scrutineer for the 2020 Council and President elections.
- To appoint Popularis to provide the 2019 Membership Audit Certificate.
- To approve the timetable for the election of the General Secretary in 2020.
- To affirm that a sustainable environment is in the professional interests of Equity members, and that members are free to participate in the 20 September day of action on climate change.
The Council also discussed:
- The referendum on Rule 27.2
- HMRC and members’ tax status
- The Equity/Netflix agreement
- The Equity/BBC agreement and the iPlayer licence extension proposals
- Walk-on & supporting artists agreements for film & television
- The Equity/Theatre UK Subsidised theatre agreement
- The Equity/Theatre UK Commercial theatre agreement
- The EuroFIA meeting in November 2019
- Diversity, Inclusion & Film/High End TV Tax Relief
- The Equity Charitable Trust
- Intimacy Direction
- The future of the Annual Representative Conference
- Theatres tendered for sale by Worthing Council
- Councillors’ Motions
The Council also welcomed a new record number of members in benefit, with the union’s total membership (excluding students) now standing at 47,189.
You can contact the Council via their page on the website.