21 March 2020
Entertainment workers have been badly let down by the government. The Chancellor claims that “any employer” will be eligible for the job retention scheme – not in our sector.
Suspension of the Universal Credit Minimum Income Floor & tax deferrals are a drop in the ocean compared to the losses experienced by our members and fall far short of the support available to workers elsewhere in the economy.
We are lobbying for urgently needed protection and support for our members, and need as many voices joining us in the fight as possible.
Get in contact with your MP and the Chancellor and say any of the following:
- £94/week is not enough to live on & no one should be left behind just because their employment is insecure
- Creative workers, freelancers and the self-employed deserve the same support as employees in secure jobs
- The creative industries alone are worth £117bn to the economy & so much of this is because of our world beating workforce
- If we want the new economy to survive and thrive we need an income guarantee for the people who work hard in them
- The Government needs to talk to us now to safeguard creative skills and provide a real safety net
To contact your MP on Twitter, go to https://tweetyourmp.com/. For email, visit https://www.mysociety.org/wehelpyou/contact-your-mp/