18 June 2021
A year after the #SpeakingOut movement in the wrestling industry began on social media Equity have agreed another Code of Conduct, this time with South East of England based wrestling promotion United Kingdom Pro Wrestling.
UKPW have committed themselves to adopting the 5 Pledges the the union is asking of all wrestling promotions. These are:
- To have a clear, robust Dignity at Work policy so that complaints of abuse can be addressed in a fair and transparent way, protecting both talent and promotion.
- That all transport and accommodation arrangements are agreed with talent in advance and in writing before the date of the booking.
- That a separate, private and secure dressing room space be provided at every show.
- That a paramedic be present at every show
- That should the promotion have an associated wrestling school that it provides clear transparent safeguarding policies, that staff and visiting professionals understand those policies, are trained in them and that first aid provision is a requirement for all classes. We also ask that all independent vocational training schools take these necessary steps to protect their students.
If you have any questions or comments regarding Equity's response to #SpeakingOut, please email Steve Duncan-Rice on email@example.com.