At the end of October 2017, the union formally launched the Equity Distribution Services with an inaugural distribution of feature film royalties. Other payments are now starting to be paid out gradually.
The different types of payments that we are administering in-house are listed below with a provisional target payment period. More specific payment dates will be publicised in due course.
Our immediate priority is the preparation of BBC cable payments which used to be paid out for Equity by BECS in July each year. We are working hard to be able to pay these monies out by the end of this year. Individual BBC cable payment amounts are not known at this time but payments will relate to programmes broadcast between January and December 2015.
Target payment by the end of 2017
BBC cable for programmes broadcast on BBC One, Two, Three, Four, CBeebies & CBBC during the year 2015
Target payment during first and second quarters of 2018
- BBC iPlayer for programmes available on iPlayer between April 2016 and March 2017
- BBC 4Extra for archive radio progammes broadcast between April 2016 and March 2017
- ITV cable for programmes broadcast on ITV Ulster during 2015
- ITV Hub for programmes available on ITV's on-demand service during 2015
- Channel 4 cable for programmes broadcast on C4 during 2015
- 4Seven for programmes broadcast on C4's 4Seven channel during 2016
- Sky for programmes available on Sky's on-demand services between November 2014 and October 2015
Rolling monthly payments
Feature film royalty payments from studios and film production companies — MGM, Universal, Warner Brothers and others — and cast album recording payments — from Really Useful Group, First Night Records and others — will be paid out on a rolling basis in monthly payments runs as the full revenue is recieved.
Monthly payment runs will generally take place in the last week of each month.