Funds you may receive if you work in film, television and radio.
Equity Distribution Services (EDS) ensure performers receive royalties and other secondary payments arising from the terms of the unions collective agreements.
Funds collected and distributed by EDS, in the region of £10 million per year, are additional to royalties issued by broadcasters and television companies, which are also due under the terms of the union’s agreements. Equity Distribution Services provide a hugely important source of secondary income for those working in film, television and radio. Payments cover:
- cinema film and certain television royalties
- collective licence monies for Equity-contracted performers in
- programmes available on BBC, ITV, Channel Four and Sky online on-demand and catch-up services
- cable retransmission monies for Equity-contracted performers in BBC, ITV and Channel Four channels which are picked up in neighbouring European countries
- collectively negotiated funds for Equity-contracted contributors to radio programmes aired on BBC Radio 4Extra
- royalties for sales of cast album recordings