Equity Distribution Services
Equity Distribution Services (EDS) ensure that performers receive royalties and other secondary payments for those engaged on Equity contracts arising from the terms of the unions collective agreements. Funds collected and distributed by EDS, which are in the region of £10million per year, are paid in addition to monies issued by broadcasters and television companies which are also due under the terms of the union’s agreements.
The Services provide a hugely important source of secondary income for those working in film, television and radio. Payments cover:
- cinema film and certain television royalties;
- collective licence monies for Equity-contracted performers in programmes available on BBC, ITV, Channel Four and Sky online on-demand and catch-up services;
- cable retransmission monies for Equity-contracted performers in BBC, ITV and Channel Four channels which are picked up in neighbouring European countries;
- collectively negotiated funds for Equity-contracted contributors to radio programmes aired on BBC Radio 4Extra;
- royalties for sales of cast album recordings.
Find out more:
Contract enforcement service (members only)