Find help if you’re experiencing domestic abuse and what to do if it’s affecting your work

Domestic abuse support

Domestic abuse is a work issue. Research by the TUC found that domestic abuse often follows individuals into the workplace. But even where all the abuse happens outside work, it can still have a big impact on your work life, such as unexplained absences, being late and adversely impacting your performance. This can put survivors’ jobs and income at risk. No one should lose work as a result of experiencing domestic abuse.

If your experience of domestic abuse is impacting your work, speak to a relevant member of Equity staff for guidance. If you are experiencing domestic abuse, or are concerned that someone else might be, the helplines and organisations below can also provide you with information and support.

Getting Help

Contacting the police

If there is an emergency, call the police on 999.

If you need support or advice from the police and it’s not an emergency, call the UK police non-emergency number 101.

If you are deaf, hard of hearing or can’t verbally communicate, you can use the police text phone service on 18001 101 or register with the UK’s emergencySMS service.